So it's been awhile since I've posted...I'm already doing what I said I wouldn't! I'm gonna get better I promise! A few, notable, random things that have happened since my last post:
- everyone recovered from the stomach bug, and I never got it!!
- Rylan learned how to say "see you tomorrow" correctly...when he first started talking he'd say "ah monner" which progressed to "see you in the monner" and when we were leaving church 2 Wednesdays ago, he told Jordan, clear as a bell, "see you tomorrow". He's growing up so fast and it's really making me sad!
- Rylan also learned to say "Jordan" correctly. At first we called Jordan Aunt Danger (because the kids always seemed to get hurt around her :) so he called her Danju, then Jewan and now he says "Jordan" just as plain as day. I've gotta say I like how he used to talk better!
- Lyla's favorite word is "No!" which has caused numerous time out sessions and this week she finally learned to say "Yes" which is a refreshing change!
- Lyla's also in the process of giving up her pappie (paci). She really only uses it when she wakes up in the middle of the night or in the middle of her nap. She doesn't use it during the day or to go to sleep. I'm using the "cry it out" method, but with Rylan sharing the room with her he gets woken up too, so I've resorted to letting him sleep with us (only once he's been woken up) until she realizes she doesn't need it. Tonight will be night number 4 and she's getting better, so hopefully it's coming to an end!
- I'm attaching 2 amusing videos of Ry-Ry. The first one came after he read " The 3 Little Pigs" at school when he informed me he didn't like the big, bad wolf! The second is us playing on the fact that he leaves the "r" out of the word "britches"...I know, I know, it's bad, but you have to admit it's pretty funny!
- One more notable thing...Jesup's decided to go back to school!! I'm really proud of him and excited about this new direction in his life. His plan is to pursue a Criminal Justice degree starting out at Tri-County Tech and moving on to the ACCEL (adult) program at Anderson University. We've submitted the FAFSA and application for Tri-County so hopefully, as long as everything continues to come together, he'll begin classes in August!
No comments:
Post a Comment