Last Saturday my mom was here with us and she found Lyla in the bathroom pointing at the potty saying, “I wanna pee-pee”, so mom stripped her down, sat her on the potty, and SHE DID IT!! I was so surprised because Rylan didn’t show any interest in potty training until after he was 2. I figured if she’s interested, let’s embrace it…the faster I can get her out of diapers the better! I’ll be so rich when I no longer have to buy diapers that I won’t know what to do with all my new found wealth! :) We’ve been trying to let her potty when Rylan does and she’s starting to work on it at school too. Last night before bath time, I put Lyla on the big potty and Rylan started being, well, Rylan, so I was turned around fussing at him and I guess Lyla reached for the toilet paper and she FELL OFF THE POTTY! Immediately a large goose egg popped out on her forehead. Of course, I freak out and call the after hours emergency line at the Doctor’s office. They told me all the signs of a concussion and what to watch for. Fortunately she didn’t exhibit any of the signs and seems to be just fine…with the exception of the extremely large knot on her forehead! Today’s the first day we’re trying to go diaperless, unfortunately I haven’t had a chance to get her any big girl panties yet, so…she’s wearing Rylan’s old ones for now. Hopefully she’ll be a quick learner and I’ll get to bid adios to diapers!!
No comments:
Post a Comment